. CLAIMS THAT BAGBIN INDICATED HE WAS MORE POWERFUL THAN THE PRESIDENT ARE REFUTED.

Random Posts

Ads

CLAIMS THAT BAGBIN INDICATED HE WAS MORE POWERFUL THAN THE PRESIDENT ARE REFUTED.


Alban Bagbin, Speaker of the parliament, denied rumors that he asserted his superiority over the President.

 

He asserted that he never uttered the statements that have been ascribed to him in various circles.

 

He explained what he stated during a meeting with the management of Media General on June 29 in Accra since, in his opinion, it had been misinterpreted.

 

He said that it is simpler to impeach the president, which calls for two-thirds of the members of parliament, than to remove the speaker of the house, which calls for three-quarters.

"Sometimes the mood in Parliament is tense and you see that I bring a joke to defuse it, then they want for us to go and start again," Mr. Bagbin added. In a hung parliament like this one, where no one is for you, there are some scales that you must employ.

"My party, the NDC, expects me to support them, but I don't, therefore they're upset with me. The NPP views me as an adversary and believes that I always disagree with them. I occasionally make decisions in their favor, which makes them pleased. However, the following day, when I make decisions that are unfavorable to them, they inform me that they are in government. I advise them to study the Constitution's description of government instead.

Our constitution states that the government is the president.  The executive power is the body in which it lives, and the president alone is able to execute it. He may delegate it to his ministers, but it ultimately rests with him. As a result, the president of Ghana is the country's head of state; I am not a part of it.

 

"The President is not superior to me; we are equal partners. Mentioning God the Father before addressing God the Son and God the Holy Spirit is only a matter of formality.

"That doesn't mean that God the Father is superior to God the Holy Spirit, and so our system or concept is that, and I have said it several times, and people say that I am more powerful than the president, no, I have never said that, the concept is that it is simpler to remove a president by the impeachment of two-thirds of the Members of Parliament than it is to remove a speaker, which is three-quarters, which is more difficult, and that is what is in our constitution."

Beatrice Agyemang, Group Chief Executive Officer of Media Genera, welcomed Mr. Bagbin to the company's facilities in Adseawa Kanda, Accra, in relation to his visit.

 

She described the roles played by the various departments inside the business. She said that this was the first time a Speaker of Parliament had gone to Media General.

 

TV3 is ranked first, Madam Agyeman informed the Speaker.

"We have a strong editorial committee to ensure that we are very balanced transparent and fair in our reportage," she continued. "Every news item you see goes through scrutiny."

 

She emphasized, "I am hoping that this is the start of a nice relationship.

 

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad

Ads Section